Moto X Play NPD26.48-24-1 OTA Update has been rolled out in India and it is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. It brings September security patch which is why you should install it. Quite recently, Moto G4 Play users also got Android 7.1.1 OTA update and now it is extended to Moto X Play users.
In case you have not received the OTA update yet on your Moto X Play, you need to update it manually by downloading Moto X Play(India) official Nougat 7.1.1 OTA ZIP file and flashing it. The update build number is NPD 26.48-24-1 and the system version is 26.31.1. The update is stable and you can install and use it without any problem
Must Read: Download Moto X4 Stock Wallpapers On Any Smartphone
- This update is only for Moto X Play and won’t work on any other Moto device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver for Windows from Download section and install it on your computer.
- You need to take a complete backup of device data as everything will be wiped out.
- Keep the battery charge to 60% at least to prevent accidental shutdown.
TheDroidGuru will not be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device while performing the following steps. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Driver For Windows.
- Download Driver for Moto X Play (In case your device is not supported on your computer)
- Download NPD26.48-24-1/26.31.1 OTA for Moto X Play
Steps To Install NPJS25.93-14-10 OTA Update On Moto X Play
Step 1. Go to Settings> About Phone and tap on Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options. Go to Settings> Developer Options and enable USB Debugging before connecting your device to your computer.
Step 2. Download OTA update ZIP file from the Download section and transfer it to the internal storage of your device.
Step 3. Boot your device into Recovery mode and then open ADB from the computer and choose Apply Update from SD card.
If you transfer the file in the same folder ADB folder, you have to opt for ‘Apply Update From ADB’.
Step 4. Connect your Moto X Play to your computer and open command prompt from the ADB folder by pressing shift + right click.
Step 5. Type the following to check the connection and it should list your device. In case it is not listed, you have to download and install the driver from Downloads section above.
Step 6. Type the following to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA Zip file.
adb sideload filename.zip
Replace filename with the ZIP file’s name.
Once the process is complete, reboot the phone and start using it.
Powered by Android e How