Table of Contents
How To Submit Android App To Amazon App Store
The majority of app developers publish their apps on the Google Play Store but disregard many alternative stores that are popular. The Amazon App Store is another popular app store for publishing your free or paid Android app!
In this guide, I will share the requirements (including image specifications for branding), for publishing your app to the Amazon App Store. I will be publishing my existing Android app (listed here) to the Amazon App Store.
This is an extensive guide and will cover all of the essential steps to follow for publishing an app on the Amazon App Store.
Complete Guide to Submit Android App to Amazon App Store
Go to this link & create your Amazon developer account. It is very important that you configure payment options right away. This is especially important for those who are offering in-app purchases or who want to monetize their app using Amazon’s mobile ad network.
- Click on “submit”, and complete the tax interview for monetizing your app. If you don’t want to monetize the app, ignore filling out the tax interview. (It’s boring!)
- Head over to your Amazon developer console here.
- Click on Apps & Services
- Click on Add New App
- Select Android, and move to the next page. All the next steps are easy to follow, asking you to provide details about your app and about the developer.
- Click on “Save” after adding the details. Now click on all the tabs above (Availability & Pricing, Description, Images, etc.) and add the details.
- Image Sizes: Listed here are images sizes required for your app submission. In some cases you might be using a graphic designer, so you can share these image dimensions directly.
- Small icon: (114*114px) PNG Format
- Large icon: (512*512px) PNG Format
- Screenshots Between 3 and 10 PNGs or JPGs
800 x 480px, 1024 x 600px, 1280 x 720px,
1280 x 800px, 1920 x 1080px, 1920 x 1200px,
or 2560 x 1600px (portrait or landscape)
- Promotional image 1024 x 500px (landscape only) PNG or JPG
- You also have the option to add a promotional video.
- Click on “Save”. Similarly, click on each tab and add details. You will be uploading the .apk file under the binary files tab.
- Once all tabs are green ticked, click on “submit app” under “app name” to submit for review.
- According to the official help page, it can take up to 6 days to review your submitted Android app. In my case it took about 12 hours, and the app is already live.
FAQ about Amazon’s App Developer Program
- Amazon splits revenue 30:70 with the app developer.
- Creating an Amazon developer account is free.
- The Amazon App Store accepts non-exclusive app submissions.
- More details here.
Powered by Android e How