Earlier today, Nokia 6 received the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update along with October Security Patch. Today HMD Global started sending October Security Patch Update for Nokia 8. The Nokia 8 is the latest flagship smartphone launched by HMD Global this month. Nokia management had promised to the customer to receive regular update and fixes. Today HMD Global released Nokia 8 October Security Patch Update.
[Download] Nokia 8 October Security Patch Update (Installation)
Nokia 8 came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and HMD Global has promised this device to receive Android Oreo update along with Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 8. HMD Global has started pushing the latest October Security Patch update for Nokia 8 today. The update comes with regular bug fixes and improvements along with the Security patch update.
Nokia 8 features a 5.3-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) and Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Nokia 8 comes with Dual 13MP rear Camera with laser & phase detection autofocus, Carl Zeiss optics and dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 12MP front shooting camera.
Nokia 8 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports single sim with 4G. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
Nokia 8 October Security Patch Update
This update is an incremental update with latest October Security Patch Update on Nokia 8. So we recommend updating your device safe with July Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Nokia 8, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash October Security Patch Update For Nokia 8.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to October Security Patch Update on Nokia 8.
HMD Global had also confirmed that this both smartphone will receive Android Oreo update along with Nokia 3.
Today you can install the Nokia 8 October Security Patch Update by following the below guide.
Download Firmware Here
- You can either use your phone to update to latest build or you can use the second method to Install update via PC
- This Update is only for Nokia 8 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Install the Nokia Device Driver
Step By Step Guide to Manually Install Nokia 8 October Security Patch Update
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia 8 from above and move it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia 8 smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
That’s it! Now your phone will boot into the updated Nokia 8 with October Security Patch.
Powered by Android e How