Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
It’s the best mini Samsung has ever made. It only needs to be rooted, the procedure is very simple: how to root the Galaxy S5 Mini.
Backup your data! The following procedure may result in the deletion of all user data. In addition, root carries risks. If you do not follow the procedure correctly, you can make your tablet unusable. Neither AndroideHow nor I will be held liable for anything.
The method with CF-Auto-Root increments the Knox counter and poses a problem for the S5 Mini’s warranty.
Table of Contents
Requirements for Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with PC
A Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F
The Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F drivers installed on Windows
CF-Auto-Root for the Galaxy S5 Mini: CF-Auto-Root-kminilte-kminiltexx-smg800f.zip
Root of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
- Download and unzip Odin 3.09 from the archive above.
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for the Galaxy S5 Mini.
- Launch Odin 3.09 and turn off your Galaxy S5 Mini.
- Start your Galaxy S5 Mini in download mode: power + home + low volume.
- Confirm with the volume up button when Warning is displayed.
- Connect your S5 Mini to your PC via USB, Odin must recognize it and display in the first box 0: COMx.
- In Odin, click AP and look for the CF-Auto-Root file downloaded above.
- Verify that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked.
- Click Start.
Odin displays Pass, the procedure is finished. You can install Root Checker to verify that everything went smoothly.
When a method that does not increment Knox comes out, you will, of course, be kept up to date.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini without PC: OneClick method
Download KingRoot and install it.
- open a file explorer, navigate your download and tap on it;
- you can also directly open the apk from browser download section to install it. If you see a warning box then you require
- If you see a warning box then you require checking Unknown sources under Settings –> Security.
- Once done, you should see the KingRoot icon in your Apps list.
- Tap on the app icon to open it.
- Once the app is launched, it will try to analyze your device to find suitable root process and soon you will see the screen written ‘TRY TO ROOT’ or ‘START ROOT’ button that shown at the bottom of the screen, click it.
- It will then start rooting your device. Sometimes your phone may automatically restart during this process.
- Once completed you will see a green tick that means your device is now rooted.
- To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store.