Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
It is already possible to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 , yet not yet delivered by European stores. Here is the tutorial that is based on CF-Auto-Root, developed by Chainfire, for users who will have the chance to receive their Galaxy S5 first.
Backup your data! The following procedure may result in the deletion of all user data. In addition, root carries risks. If you do not follow the procedure correctly, you can make your Galaxy S5 unusable. Neither AndroideHow nor I will be held liable for anything.
The only supported version is the SM-900F, the standard European version.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 with PC
Requirements for rooting Samsung galaxy s5
- A Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F) charged at 70%
- S5 drivers properly installed
Root of the Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package above and unpack it.
- If your Galaxy S5 is connected to your PC, unplug it.
- Start Odin.
- Click PDA and go to the CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5 file .
- Switch off your S5 and restart it in download mode (low volume + home + power).
- On Odin, make sure the Repartition box is not checked.
- Click Start.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S5 is rooted.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 without PC
Root Of The Samsung Galaxy S5 In One Click With Towelroot
Towelroot is simply an APK developed by Geohot that allows rooter Galaxy S5 simply by installing it. The developer rooted the Galaxy S5 blocked Verizon and AT & T (US operators), but he states that the method most likely works on international models.
Root of the Galaxy S5 with Towelroot
- With your smartphone, go to towelroot.com, and click on the lambda sign (the “y” reversed in red) to download the APK named tr.apk .
- On your Galaxy S5, go to Settings and on the System submenu , choose Security.
- Scroll down and check the Unknown Sources box so you can install an APK that is not from Google Play. Disable the installation of applications from unknown sources after the operation, it is always better.
- With a file explorer, you can choose one in our top (Top 5 of the best file explorers for Android ).
- Go to the tr.apk file you downloaded earlier and start the installation by tapping the icon.
- In the towelroot application, click Root .
According to Geohot, towelroot does not trigger the Knox counter on the Samsung Galaxy S5, the “security” tool from Samsung whose incrementing of the root counter could void the warranty. By the way, if you value the developer’s work and towelroot is useful to you, you can make a small donation via Paypal by clicking on Donate on towelroot.com.