Table of Contents
Review of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
The Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 edge is the last 2 born of the Korean firm, available since April 11th in store. These 2 high-end smartphones have seduced the public and become a must in the Android world.
Samsung has renewed itself by showing us new things on these 2 smartphones, with a new design or a slightly curved screen for the edge. However, this has had consequences on the smartphones with the renunciation of the SD port or the abandonment of resistance to water.
How to Root Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
In order to better enjoy its smartphone by making it more attractive to install different features, in addition, the rooter seems to be the best solutions. Today we will propose you a method of root your smartphone which has the advantage of not removing KNOX nor Samsung Pay.
Root is risky, if you do not follow the proper procedure, you may end up with a useless phone. Also, there is normally no data loss with this technique, but caution being a mother of safety, back up all your data beforehand. Neither AndroideHow nor I will be held liable for anything.
Requirements for rooting S6 & S6 Edge
Have a Samsung Galaxy S6 or a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with at least 50% battery.
Check out the version of your Galaxy S6 / S6 edge! Some versions are not compatible, the complete list is available on the XDA forum.
Now follow the following simple steps to root you s6 & s6 edge
- To pick up more about the version of your ROM go to Settings > About phone.
- Root of the Samsung Galaxy S6
- Download PingPong Root (Note that if your browser blocks the download is normal, consider all times to allow).
- ping pong root is one click root app and Safely Root you android phone
- Allow the installation from unknown sources in Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
- Install the previously downloaded APK.
- Open it and press “Get root!”.
A pop-up will open asking you to wait, please do not restart the phone during the operation, do not touch anything!
- When reactive, restart your S6 / S6 edge.
- You should now have access to the SuperSU application.
- Congratulations! Your Galaxy S6 / S6 edge is now root.
Your Galaxy S6 is now rooted. Now, as soon as an OTA update is offered to you and you accept it, you will lose your root and you will have to start the process again. So do not update yourself if you want to make the most of your rights as a Superuser.