Keep your phone away from water and other liquids – water resistant smartphones aren’t available yet! This has always been a strict warning when it comes to phones. Wouldn’t it be such a great sigh of relief when you accidentally drop your smartphone in water, but you know it’ll still function properly. Waterproof smartphones have been a long time coming and we finally have various options to choose from thanks to new submersible smartphones.
This year and near future, be prepared to see more top-notch water resistant smartphones. In recent years, we have witnessed water resistant seals and coatings that were once meant only for bulky rugged phones expand to smartphone population. So you know, companies such as HzO and P21 are working on coatings that intend to go beyond the military spec for 30 minutes and 3 feet under water.
Won’t it be a lot easier and cheaper when we can go rafting, to pool parties, water parties and to the beach without fearing for our phones? Here at Techiesense, we believe that this day is coming soon but in the meantime, here is a getting closer to waterproof smartphone list that consists of water resistant phones you might want to consider.
Table of Contents
- 1 Water Resistant Smartphones:
- 1.1 Sony Xperia Z
- 1.2 Samsung Galaxy S5
- 1.3 Kyocera Hydro Edge
- 1.4 Crosscall Trekker-X2
- 1.5 HTC Desire Eye:
- 1.6 Conclusion
- 2 What Are the 5 Best Water Resistant Smartphones?
Water Resistant Smartphones:
Sony Xperia Z is an awesome water resistant phone and has amazing features. At first impression, the phone looks like it doesn’t have a headphone jack, MicroUSB connector, slots for SIM cards and MicroSD, but all these are there. This phone is structured in a water resistant design.
According to Sony, you can submerge the phone up to one meter of freshwater for up to half an hour without damaging the phone interiors and exteriors. In case, you accidentally spill tea, milk or other liquids, you don’t need to panic.
- Android 4.1
- 23300mAh bon removable battery
- Measures 139.00 x 17.00 x 7.90
- Weighs 146.00 grams
- Connectivity include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 4G, NFC and FC
- Sensors include Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor and Accelerometer
- 1.5 GHz quadcore Qualcomm MDM9215M processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage (can be expanded to 64 GB)
- 13.1 Megapixel primary camera (rear)
- 2.2 Megapixel front shooter for selfies
Good battery life
Beautiful 1080p display
Sony Xperia Z Waterproof Test
If you are looking for a perfect waterproof smartphone 2016, Samsung Galaxy S5 is great choice. Galaxy S5 has an IP67 certification, which makes it resistant from water, rain, sweat, dust and even sand. The phone can survive depths of up to 3.3 feet for 30 minutes. You don’t need to worry about your phone if it’s raining outside or if it accidentally fall in a pool.
Not only is S5 a water resistant phone but it features chunky bumpers and reinforced edges for top-notch high grade toughness. Samsung Galaxy S5 is the most durable smartphone and features a heart rate monitor under its rear camera and a fingerprint sensor inside its Home button. Pretty cool additional features!
- 5.1 Full HD Super AMOLED Display
- Finger Scanner
- MIMO ( Multi-Output)
- Download Booster
- S Health ( Your personal fitness tracker)
- Heart Rate Sensor ( Following your every beat)
- Selective focus
- Fast Auto Focus
- HDR( Rich tone) ( For brighter & vivid captures)
- 2.5GHz Quad core application processor
- Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- RAM: 2GB
- 16/32GB User Memory + microSD slot ( upto to 128GB)
- Camera : Main (Rear): 16MP (1/2.6, Phase Detection AF)
Has a powerful, fast and processor
Well designed and clean interface
Waterproof and dustproof
Fit on the arm perfectly
Long life battery with ultra power saver
Poor speaker quality
Lacks the KnockOn feature
Audio at the top of the phone
A lot of Samsung services
Camera refocus is a gimmick
Samsung Galaxy S5 Waterproof Test
Kyocera Hydro Edge is designed to survive any drops, spills and splashes. Hydro Edge an Android water resistant phone is protected for up to 30 minutes in 3.28 feet of water. This rugged smartphone boasts of a durable and resistant touch screen as well as smart receiver technology which improves the sound in noisy places.
Hydo Edge is a certified waterproof for IPX5 and IPX7 and definitely one of the most durable smartphone when it comes to water resistant phones. Whether you are standing out in the rain, taking photos or playing games, Hydro Edge has all the features you are looking for at an affordable price.
- 4.0 IPS impact resistant touchscreen display, WVGA 800×480 pixels.
- Talk time up to 13 hours( Times will vary based on user settings,feature use and network configuration.
- 4.5 Oz (127.5grams)
- 5MP rear facing with flash and camcorder
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Low internal storage
Slow data speeds
Awkward Rearrange system button
Kyocera Hydro Edge Waterproof Test
Trekker-X2 is at 5″ touch screen rugged smartphone with amazing features and not only captures the moment but makes it memorable. This waterproof smartphone has high quality performance technology that you can manage and instantly share your content with your loved ones and friends. This phone also displays top-notch technology.
Nothing can get inside the TREKKER-X2. This smartphone is tough, rated IP67 for water and dust ingress, protected against immersion and other hazards. You can rely on the quality of the TREKKER-X2 display and its ruggedness. This smartphone features a Wet Touch and the touch screen obeys every command even when wet.
Crosscall Trekker X2 Features:
- 4GB Connectivity life (4050 mAh battery allow 10hrs talk time and 12 days standby time)
- Display: 5.0 HD Dragontrail and Wet touch
- Display resolution: 1280×720
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Built in app: Play store
- Sensors: Accelerometer, digital compass, RGB Light sensor
- Camera: 13MP +2MP (Sony)
It‘s rugged phone
Very large display
High talk time
Heavy in weight
Below-average selfie cam
Crosscall Waterproof Test:
Another incredible rugged smartphone that is waterproof is the HTC Desire Eye. The HTC Desire Eye features an IP Code of IPX7. This waterproof smartphone can continue to operate perfectly after it has been gently immersed in plain water at room temperatures up to 1 meter deep for more than 30 minutes. It’s possible to make and receive calls even with wet hands or out in moderate rain showers. If your phone accidentally gets in contact with seawater, soapy water or other liquids, you can simply rinse it with plain water.
HTC Desire Eye should not be exposed to high water pressure, non-fresh water or sand because it can lead to overheating, electric shock or damage to the phone.
- Width 2.91 and depth 0.33
- Dustproof and Waterproof
- Weight 5.43 oz and Height 5.97
- Call timer, conference call, speakerphone and vibrating alert
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyro sensor and proximity sensor
- DLNA certified and noise cancellation technology
- Technology: WCDMA (UMTS)/ GSM
- Operating System: Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- User Interface: HTC Sense
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Bluetooth 4.0. IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, NFC
HTC Desire Eye is the first water resistant phone to feature a front facing flash to illuminate selfies. It features a bold and bright screen, has plenty of power and colorful body.
Despite the front camera has 13 megapixels, pictures still suffer from blur and noise especially in low light. The focus is also far from perfect even with the flash assistance.
HTC Desire Eye Waterproof Test
That’s it! There goes the waterproof smartphone list to watch for in 2016. If you are looking for a Casio waterproof phone or a rugged smartphone, any of these phones will be a great choice. These smartphones as far as protection against water damage is concerned make for a great choice. In addition, you may want to consider checking this list for regular updates regarding any new waterproof smartphone 2016 has in store! Let us know which ones you like the best as well.
What Are the 5 Best Water Resistant Smartphones?
Powered by Android e How