If you happen to’re feeling a bit impatient, and might’t wait to start out messing round with Android O and occur to have a Pixel or Nexus telephone, then you definitely’re in luck. Google launched the beta alongside Google I/O for any Pixel or Nexus customers that may wish to test it out.
How to Get Android O Beta on a Nexus or Pixel
Now, in fact, that is actually meant for builders who want to check their apps on the most recent model of Android, however, let’s be actual, if in case you have a Pixel or Nexus, likelihood is you’re like me and simply wish to play with it and see what’s new.
We used to need to undergo a technique of flashing these new variations of Android by way of fastboot not so way back, however now Google’s constructed within the means to get the beta straight from inside Android’s personal settings. Right here’s the best way to get the Android O beta proper now.
- Head to the Google Android Beta enrollment web site and login together with your Google account related together with your telephone.
- Scroll down and faucet Enroll now on the Pixel/Nexus gadget you wish to use Android O on.
- Test off that you just agree and faucet Be part of Beta.
- Go to Settings > About Cellphone > System Updates and after a couple of minutes (can take a bit longer so be affected person) you need to see an replace to the Beta. Faucet obtain and Set up.
- The telephone will reboot after it downloads the beta and also you’re all set. Take pleasure in!
Remember the fact that the beta is, nicely, a beta. So count on bugs, and issues to simply typically be slightly wonky. If you happen to ever wish to return to the unique model of Android you had, merely head again to Google’s Android Beta web site and Unenroll your telephone and it’ll inform you it has a brand new replace, you possibly can faucet that and it’ll set up the beta.
Let me know when you guys discover something notably cool in Android O!
Get Android O Beta on a Nexus or Pixel
Powered by Android e How