The Samsung Galaxy S4 is still a smartphone that is worth more than the blow: its price and performance make it a smartphone with excellent value for money, it will be updated Android 5.0 Lollipop and mostly, most customs ROMs Devotes version to him.
Root is risky, if you do not follow the proper procedure, you may end up with an unusable phone. Similarly, there is normally no data loss with this method, but caution being a mother of safety, back up all your data beforehand. Neither AndroideHow nor I will be held liable for anything.
Also be aware that the warranty of your Samsung can jump, and that if something happens during the operation (you unplug the cable by accident, for example), there is currently no Roma customs. It’s a matter of days, but be careful and follow all the instructions.
Samsung OTA updates will not be possible for now, you can install them via Odin.
This tutorial is intended for the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505
Root the Samsung Galaxy S4 in Android 4.4.2 KitKat with CF-Auto-Root
We will use CF-Auto-Root, which does not install a custom recovery, so you can choose later (see below).
|Odin||Root Android: Download Odin 1.83, 1.85, 3.04, 3.07, 3.09 (all versions)|
- Download and unpack the CF-Auto-Root file, download Odin.
- Start Odin.
- In Odin, click PDA , and then go to the CF-Auto-Root file, it must end in .tar.md5.
- Turn off your smartphone and restart in download mode: low volume + home + power.
Odin: uncheck everything, and click Start. / © ANDROIDPIT
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC via USB.
- Once 0 : COM appears in the upper left box on Odin, your Galaxy S4 is recognized.
- Make sure that the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot check boxes are not checked.
- Click Start
Once the Cf-Auto-Root flash is finished, your Galaxy S4 restarts, it is rooted!
How to Root Samsung GALAXY S4 GT-I9500 via KingoRoot APK without PC
It is suggested that you try KingoRoot Apk first. It is more convenient and easy to use without connecting to a computer.
Allow installation of apps from unknown sources on your Android device.
Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
- Free download KingoRoot.apk on your Android via google chrome.
- Install and open KingoRoot.
- Press “One Click Root” on the main screen.
- Wait a few seconds until the result appear.
- It will loading to 100%
- You go a message root successful
- Check your android root by installing root checker app.