Here I am today with a super simple tutorial for the owners of the Huawei Honor!
Root Huawei Honor U8860
First of all:
Root is risky, if you do not follow the proper procedure, you may end up with an unusable phone. Similarly, there is normally no data loss with this method, but caution being the mother of safety, back up all your data beforehand. Neither AndroideHow nor I will be held liable for anything.
This guide is exclusively for Huawei Honor U8860 devices running the official ROM Android 4.0 ICS, build B923. For the others, I strongly discourage it, the risk of bricking the phone.
First, you need to install and update the Huawei Honor U8860 USB drivers on the computer. The easiest way is to use the software suite that comes with the Honor.
According to your build number, the version of your Huawei, this method may not work.
We know that the B927 version is not yet rootable
As for all root, do a backup, with Titanium Backup for example, or a Nandroid backup, etc …
- The phone must be charged at 80% minimum.
- Enable USB debug mode: Settings → Development options → USB debugging
- Download the tool file for the Huawei Honor U8860 > here < . Unzip it to a folder you will call Root – Huawei Honor U8860
- Connect your Huawei Honor to your computer, make sure the smartphone is recognized (drivers installed)
- Once the Honor is fully recognized by Windows, run the root-me.cmd file in the Root – Huawei Honor U8860 folder
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Congratulations! Your Huawei Honor U8860 is rooted!
To verify that everything went well, check for the presence of a new application, Superuser, in your application list.
You can also use the Root Checker application to check your root.
Do not hesitate to give us your tips and experiences on the topic!