Like any other messaging application, WhatsApp has all the usual features you would expect. It allows users to send multimedia files, including images, videos and sound files. All these multimedia messages are highly compressed to use the least amount of Internet traffic available.
The application also comes with support for group chats or family chats, not to mention the fact that it can be used to make calls as well as other people who have WhatsApp installed. This particular feature uses a lot of data from the Internet, so if you intend to make calls with WhatsApp you should do so over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Do not worry about your SMS plan; WhatsApp uses the Internet
- Send media files like videos and images in highly compressed format
- Participates in group discussions with multiple users
- Establish a group chat for your family
- Get your messages even if you have been offline
- Share your current location directly in the app
- Make free calls to other WhatsApp users through the Internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi)
- You do not need a high-speed Internet connection for simple messages.
Powered by Android e How